Friday, November 19, 2010

50 Shirts from 50 States - UPDATE

I am writing my next blog about the Mile High Down Syndrome Association but before I post it I have decided to provide an update on the Shirts that I have received.  Often emails are sent to me asking if I have one from this state or that or about an organization and a particular walk.  As of today, November 19, 2010, I have shirts from eleven different states representing thirteen different associations. 
Here is the list:
States; Kansas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana, New York, Delaware, Arkansas, Colorado and Michigan.
Associations; Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City, Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress, Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center, Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio, Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin, Down Syndrome Family Connection, Down Syndrome Aim High Resource Center, Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati, Down Syndrome Association of Pittsburgh, Down Syndrome Association of Delaware, Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas, Mile High Down Syndrome Association and Michiana Down Syndrome.
Again, thank you to everyone who has sent a shirt.  I wear them often and can’t wait to write about the all the great Down Syndrome Associations.
I have received a number of emails asking if I will also accept shirts from outside the USA.  The answer is YES!!  Also, I am interested in shirts from any event, walk, team or fundraiser.  Please include some information about the event and I will write it up.  If it would be easier, send me a contact number and I will call you before writing about your event.  I find this fascinating and I am so interested in what is happening to drive awareness.  I think we can learn from others and share ideas.  Most important, we can continue to advocate for Down syndrome and special needs. I really believe that as more people read about what you’re doing the better off we will all be.  I recently mentioned the Buddy Walk to a friend and they thought that maybe this had something to do with dog walking event.  There are so many people that still need to hear from us.  Please let me know if you are finding this beneficial or share with me your thoughts and suggestions.
My goal in 2011 is to collect at least one shirt from all 50 states.  I also want to collect a shirt from every walk and from every Down Syndrome Association.  I then want to walk a walk in all 50 states; I know this may take a few years to complete.  Please invite me, I AM ON A MISSION!!
Please feel free to contact me at ericwaxy@ptd.net

6 comments:

  1. AZ in in October. I'll see if I can still get one from this year. If not you'll have to wait. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an awesome association in Jacksonville, FL!!! www.dsaj.org I can hook you up with a shirt from this year's Buddy Walk. Next year's is November 5th at Jax Beach. My husband is from Wilkes-Barre, PA, so we're familiar with where you live & visit nearby every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. https://macmillermerchandise.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Streetwear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Plus Size Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. wholesale clothing manufacturers

    ReplyDelete